“How do you show love? We’ve been talking about relationships in our group and how those are necessary to building mutal respect, positive behavior and of course coping skills.
Feelings drive our actions. When we feel love we acting lovingly. Kids NEED love -Tell them, show them, smooch, write to them. Just love them!! “I love you no matter what”
Do I get frustrated? Yup…. but I always love. Kids learn as they grow. They will make poor choices and push our buttons. This is normal and to be expected.
Its expected, but not ok if the poor choices are on-going. You will need to intervene. Chat about expectations and plan – give hugs and say I love yous.
Here are our foundational ways to boost amazing behavior!!
1. Build relationships through love and communication.
2. Set, explain, and practice expectations.
3. Follow-through…always follow-through.
AND THERE IS MORE!!!
Three ways to help when parenting gets hard:
1. Take control – breathe and positive self-talk – write them down ahead of time.
2. Discover the primary vs secondary emotions – there is usually another reason/feeling behind what is being shown.
3. Re-Write the story for amazing future behaviors!
4. Exercise and bring the kids along. Great for behavior, stress, anxiety….will help you and your kids manage life better.”